THE COZY CABIN

Hi my name is Jan. Welcome to my home. I'm pretty much of an amateur at this blogging thing, but I'm learning. I stay pretty busy working a full-time job, but in my spare time I enjoy papercrafting, reading, cooking and spending time with my family. So, you'll see a little variety on here from time to time. Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Vegetable Beef Soup

Ever cook a beef roast and have leftovers? I did recently and made this soup. Turned out really good. Made it in a large 4-5 qt. crockpot and let it cook on low overnight.

1 32 oz. carton of Swanson Beef Broth
2 cups sliced carrots
2 cups sliced celery
1 15 oz. can peas
2 15 oz. cans corn (I like corn)
1 15 oz. can Delmonte diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano
Left over beef roast cut up

Add all to the crockpot. I used a little water to clean out each of the cans. Cook all night on low.

Next morning, add about 2 cups diced potatoes, stir well, and turn crockpot to high and let cook for about one-two hours or until potatoes are done.

Turn to warm and eat when you are ready to.

I didn't add any spices since the canned veggies had salt and sugar, and of course the tomatoes had other spices. May or may not have to add water....use your judgment. I added a little bit.

2 comments:

christie said...

It's funny you posted this. I remember you telling me about this in chat the other day and when I was at the store I was trying to remember what you had said you added. Well I coudln't remember so I just didn't attempt!! Thanks for sticking it on here...I'm going to have to give it a try!

Cindi said...

sounds delish! and with the cold weather soup is just the thing.
:)